3.17.2006

Brief Fancies

1.
Spotting another late 70's-vintage Free Spirit. I love my own very well and think of it often, its tires flattening ever so slowly in my cellar. It is my "dark brother", built while I was gestating. I do rather well and it does not. Oh, it tried to dump me time and time again. My feet couldn't push it up the hill. The moveable little anchor! Yes, I think of it when I see its mates on the street.

2.
Teddy Pendergrass singing. Like me, you'll laugh at the sound, and then realize how much larger it is than you. Not you, just anyone... If you put it on in a room, it will redefine the room for its own purposes. If you aren't making it, you realize you should be...if you are, you realize your inadequacy...no, not as a lover, your inadequacy before a distilled and flowing love.

3.
The prismatic sphere--oh, wouldn't you like one? How do they put those things together? I could look it up, but let's see how close we can get:

Red for fire
Orange for earth
Yellow for lightning
Green for gas
Blue for water
Indigo for ice
Violet for air

Write me, tell me how I did!

4.
If Johnny Damon fancies himself Jesus, it must follow that:

Simon Peter: Jason Varitek
Andrew: Doug Mirabelli
James the Greater: Manny Ramirez
John: David Ortiz
Philip: Gabe Kapler
Bartholomew: Bill Mueller
Thomas: Mark Bellhorn
James the Less: Dave Roberts
Matthew: Trot Nixon
Simon the Zealot: Kevin Millar
Judas: Nomar Garciaparra
Matthias: Orlando Cabrera

Hope that clears it up.

5.
The Reverse-Flash. In a perfect world, all oppositions would be comically strict binaries of this nature. No poles, no dynamics, just image-flips.

No comments: