3.20.2006

First Chapters: "Den Of Thieves"

1.

Hi, I'm Den Greeley (the Den is short for Denise). I've been in trouble before...but never as bad as this!

Right now I'm hiding in a basement and there are some guys tearing my aunt's house apart. They're looking for a packet of really special seeds that a certain agribusiness doesn't want anyone else to have. The guys don't know that I'm here and that I've got the seeds in my jacket pocket--at least not yet. They think I'm just some dumb 5th grade girl--but I happen to be the dumbest 5th grade girl to have ever solved 8 MYSTERIES here in Montclair so far, single-handedly!

OK, I had some help from my principal, Doctor Pinkwater; my best friend, Hetchy; and my cat, Fitz. And I'm going to need their help now more than ever! Hetchy is on his way now on his bicycle, and if our plan works those agri-thugs are going to get more trouble than they bargained for!

[...]

No comments: